Graduate - Work Experience Placement Opportunity
Finding a job can be tough, especially if you don't have much work experience. Often employers want people with previous work history, but how do you get this experience in the first place?
We are a young and vibrant creative company, looking for an enthusiastic and focused Graphic Design graduate to join our growing team on a work experience placement. This role most suits a recent graduate or under-graduate looking to gain commercial insight into the creative design process.
What does the placement include?
The placement offers a valuable opportunity to achieve crucial work experience in the field and develop a professional portfolio. We will help you to build on your degree and prepare you in all key areas of a design agency. You will be responsible for providing support to the Creative Director and designers on all aspects of the creative process for a wide variety of clients...we promise you won't be making the tea!
Whilst you develop your graphic design skills, we will cover your expenses for travel and lunch and prepare you for the workplace, including interview techniques, time management, problem solving at work and much more.
The ideal candidate:
• Can commit to a 6 month, unpaid work placement (travel and lunch expenses covered).
• Is an undergraduate or graduate with a degree in graphic design (or a related subject) with a top notch portfolio.
• Is self-motivated and creative on a day-to-day basis and can jump feet first into creative challenges.
• Has a thirst for design and branding.
• Has an in-depth knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite software, including: Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
• Has good attention to detail and a strong visual eye.
• Is able to work to deadlines and stay calm under pressure.
• Is able to work on multiple projects at the same time and adapt to changing priorities.
• Is professional in manner - friendly, polite and a team player.
If you're interested in this opportunity and able to start imminently, please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org